Top Priority for SD: Set up Meetings
Senator Thune has scheduled six town hall meetings on the 16th, 17th, and 18th in various town across South Dakota:
- Jan 16th:
- 1pm in Watertown: Watertown Event Center - Heritage Theater, 1901 9th Ave. SW, Watertown
- 3:30pm in Brookings: Days Inn and Brookings Convention Center, 2500 6th S., Brookings
- Jan 17th:
- 1pm in Yankton: Riverfront Event Center, 121 W. 3rd St.. Yankton
- 4pm in Mitchell: Highland Conference Center, 2000 Highland Way, Mitchell
- Jan 18th:
- 1pm in Madison: East River Electric, 121 SE 1st St., Madison
- 5:30pm in Sioux Falls: University Center - Avera Hall – UC Main Building, 4801 N. Career Ave., Sioux Falls
Please continue to request meetings:
- Call (605) 332-8896 to meet with Senator Johnson, a co-sponsor of PIPA.
- Call 605-334-9596 to meet with Senator Thune, who has no public position on PIPA yet.
Be polite and professional, and request a meeting on behalf of South Dakota for Internet Freedom (the folks in this forum) to discuss the PROTECT IP Act and SOPA. Make it clear that you want to meet with the Senator during the January recess, and that you'll be bringing others from your group. Have your calendar open when you call, so you can pick a time that works for you. When finished, post a report-back.
For example: "Hi, my name is ________, I'm with South Dakota for Internet freedom, and I'm calling to request a meeting with Senator _______ during the January recess. The PROTECT IP vote is happening on January 24th, and I wanted the Senator to understand my concerns before the vote happens."
IMPORTANT: If you do get a meeting, post another message. That way others can join you in your meeting. If there's any other specific information we should include in this post, message us and we can add it.